- $2 billion. The amount of revenue for public education that could be generated by statewide referendums in at least 11 states, the Center for American progress estimates.
- Seven. The number of states where voters will pick a new education chief.
- Proposition 305. The closely watched Arizona referendum that will decide whether to keep a state law passed last year that would expand eligibility to a state program that allows public funds to be used for costs related to private school.
- 36. The number of states with a gubernatorial race.
- One education secretary. Democratic darling Rep. Beto O’Rourke is challenging incumbent Ted Cruz in Texas, in part, for his support of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.
Source: Politico Morning Education