Acer America invites TCEA 2020 attendees to the following sessions to learn more about advanced tech for their schools and classrooms, and for the chance to win Acer products:
Esports Experience Area: Acer to host Q&A and competition demos highlighting why Esports is becoming the fastest-growing activity in K-12 education as a way to support STEAM curriculum. The emphasis will be on student participation including game play, management, content creation, shoutcasting, promotions and more.
- Feb 4, 3-5pm: Reception, Q&A
- Feb 4, 5-7pm: League of Legends, University of Texas, El Paso Demo Competition
- Feb 5, 1-3pm: Demo Competition
- Feb 5, 3-3:30pm: Transforming Screen Time to Learning Time with eSports
- Feb 6, 1-3pm: Demo Competition
Sessions Room M6: During the following educational sessions, a winner will be chosen to win a Chromebook Tab 10 (9 winners) or a TravelMate Spin B118 (1 winner). See the full schedule and sign up here.
- Building Student STEAM skills with Acer Repair Certification eLearning Program
- Transforming Screen Time to Learning Time
- Student Centered Learning with Inclusive Microsoft Education Tools
- Exploring the Chrome App Hub Ecosystem: This session is one of the first to include hands-on training on Google’s new Creativity apps for Chromebooks. It will address how these apps can be quickly deployed and easily managed at scale with the Google Admin Console. As one of Google’s select launch partners, Acer is committed to helping teachers and administrators empower their students with these new powerful creativity tools.
Acer will highlight new products for education customers during the above sessions:
- The ConceptD 7 is Acer’s notebook for creative uses including graphic design, film/photo editing, and shoutcasting Esports tournaments. Features include a 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics, a 4K UHD PANTONE Validated display with 100% Adobe RGB color gamut and Delta E <2 color accuracy.
- The Acer C871 Chromebook tackles complex classes like coding with up to 10th-Gen Intel Core i3 processors and extra vertical viewing space on the 3:2 aspect ratio display. It meets MIL-STD 810G standards and offers a reinforced hinge, shock-absorbing bumper, and a keyboard with mechanically anchored keys and more.
- The Acer Predator Triton 500 features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, a 15.6-inch 300 nit-display with a 144Hz refresh rate, an overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU with Max-Q design and a 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H processor.
More information on Acer products for education can be found at Acer America’s education site.