Assessing Formative Assessment
- Select a medium for your formative assessment: Web-based, software-only, or a combination of software and hardware.
- Make sure the tool evaluates all necessary subject areas.
- Check to see that the questions in the tool's database have been written by a professional and are relatively current.
- Investigate the product blueprint to ensure compliance with your state's standards.
- Test the tool's data-generation mechanism to be sure the data will be easy to manage and contextually worthwhile.
- Train teachers how to use the tool, and make sure it is something they will use in their classrooms on a regular basis.