The Turning Foundation , a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, in partnership with NBC Learn and Turning Technologies, announced the grant recipients of the Spring 2011 Classroom Improvement Technology Grant. The 10 grant awards will directly affect 1,182 students using classroom TurningPoint response systems and 9,228 students with building access to NBC digital content.
Innovative applications that received awards include those submitted by the following teachers:
· Branton Lachman, Roosevelt High School - Corona, CA
· Colleen Werner, Ipswich High School - Ipswich, MA
· Suzanne Nagourney, Arthur L. Johnson High School - Clark, NJ
· Holly Berndt, Space Center Intermediate School - Houston, TX
· Heidi Sprandlin, Brevard Middle School - Brevard, NC
· Linda Anderson, Wayland Union High School Teacher - Wayland, MI
· Rhonda Churchill, Pittsville Elementary/Middle School - Pittsville, MD
· Rebecca Hersh, Alfred S. Faust Intermediate Elementary School - East Rutherford, NJ
· Patrick Kinne, Bishop Grimes Prep High School - East Syracuse, New York
· Tamie Hollon, Stratton Meadows Elementary School - Colorado Springs, CO
The 10 classroom awards reflect an estimated value of $3,500 each.