Comcast today announced steps to help ensure people stay connected to the internet as more schools suspend classes and companies encourage employees to work from home due to the coronavirus.
Comcast is taking steps to implement the following new policies for the next 60 days, and other initiatives:
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- Pausing Data Plans: Data plans will be paused for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
- No Disconnects or Late Fees: Customers who contact comcast to make arrangements will not have their service disconnected or late fees charged.
- Internet Essentials Free to New Customers: New customers will receive 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- News, Information and Educational Content on X1 and Flex: Comcast has created new educational collections for all grade levels in partnership with Common Sense Media.
- 24x7 Network Monitoring: Comcast engineers and technicians staff network operations centers 24/7 to ensure network performance and reliability.
For more information and updates from Comcast related to Coronavirus, visit: http://www.comcastcorporation.com/COVID-19/