Registration is now open for EduCon 2.2, the second annual conference and conversation on education and innovation hosted by Philadelphia's Science Leadership Academy in conjunction with The Franklin Institute. Educators from around the world will come to Philadelphia to teach, to think and to learn how to improve their own practices and inform the larger dialogue on education as well. The conference runs from Jan. 29 to Jan. 31, 2010.EduCon is built on these axioms:
1) Schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
2) Schools must be about co-creating -- together with our students -- the 21st Century Citizen
3) Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around.
4) Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
5) Learning can -- and must -- be networked.
EduCon 2.2 is unusual in its lack of vendors or sponsors - the emphasis is on ideas, inquiry and pedagogy.
For more information, visit http://educon22.wikispaces.com.