Tech & Learning has added a new awards program to recognize outstanding school district leaders in select regions around the country.
The Tech & Learning Innovative Leader Awards (opens in new tab) will showcase examples of exceptional leadership, particularly district leaders who drove innovation during the pandemic and now are actively implementing the lessons learned to reimagine and reinvent education moving forward.
“We’re excited about this new award and the opportunity to honor those educators who have gone above and beyond to support their students,” says Christine Weiser, Tech & Learning group publisher and content manager. “We appreciate how hard the past year has been for everyone in education, and it’s inspiring to see learning adapting and moving forward in spite of all the challenges.”
Tech & Learning will award one winner in the following categories:
- Best Implementation of Data Privacy
- Most Innovative Learning Spaces
- Best Example of Sustainable Classrooms
- Best Implementation of Digital Curriculum
- Best Example of Teacher & Student Wellbeing Programs
- Best Overall Implementation of Technology
Nominees will be accepted in each of the categories in conjunction with the upcoming Regional Leader Summits. Selected finalists will be invited to attend the corresponding summit. It is free to nominate yourself or another district leader (opens in new tab).
Upcoming in-person summits will be held in:
- Orlando (opens in new tab) (Jan. 24) - Deadline extended to January 10!
- Dallas (Feb. 7) - Deadline extended to January 24!
- Georgia (opens in new tab) (March 25)
- California (opens in new tab) (April 1)
- New England (opens in new tab) (May 6)
- New Orleans (opens in new tab) (June 25)
- Texas (opens in new tab) (Sept. 23)
Tech & Learning’s in-person Regional Leadership Summits (opens in new tab) bring together district leaders in an intimate, relaxed, face-to-face setting to talk candidly, network, learn, and participate. The Innovative Leader Award will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to see how their colleagues in other districts are responding to the challenges they face every day.
“We look forward to sharing these wonderful stories of leadership in education,” says Weiser.
For details, deadlines, and to nominate yourself or a colleague, please visit the Tech & Learning Innovative Leader Awards website (opens in new tab).