Nineteen winners across three award categories were recognized at the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector Summit in Washington, DC. The competition recognizes how local and regional governments are innovating on behalf of citizens across the globe. Winners include:
● Best Practices (Large): Solodev and Seminole County (FL) Public Schools set a new standard for modern K–12 websites while saving money and streamlining operations.
● Best Practices (Small): Intermediate School District 287 (MN). By using open digital curriculum, every teacher and student in Minnesota now has access to rich learning experiences and educational outreach programs.
● Dream Big (Large): Tulsa (OK) Public Schools aims to build a recommendation engine to support school teams with data-informed decision making.
● Dream Big (Small): Marmion Academy (IL): Marmion CPARC Engineering Center is a prototype for business and education STEM collaboration. They will begin expanding to the first outside school this fall.
● Dream Big (Honorable Mention): Seattle (WA) Public Schools’ top strategic priority is closing the opportunity gap for historically underserved students. The district intends to design a system that allows immediate answers to strategic issues fundamental to this goal.
FOR MORE, GO TO WWW.TECHLEARNING.COM/AUGUST17