Inventures, an online news source covering startups, asked their experts for their predictions on where the tech scene is heading. Here’s what they had to say.
* INTERNET OF THINGS—watch out for diverse interconnected devices, from sleep masks to pet cameras.
* OLD-SCHOOL HARDWARE—with the technology to build powerful devices that are very small and very cheap, we’ll see even more startups from entrepreneurs.
* 3D PRINTING—with the proliferation of applications, the future is 3D.
* STARTUPS ON THE RISE AND SLUMP—with seed funding and new forms of financing, startups will multiply—as will the number of failures.
* STRONGER STARTUP ECOSYSTEMS—watch CEE startups shaping new solutions for collaboration and coworking.
* BIG CORPORATES TEAM UP WITH STARTUPS—finally, we should see some “serious commercial cooperation.”