OKEMOS, Mich. (October 4, 2018) – Stepwell, a collaborative workspace to drive continuous improvement in special education, has unveiled a suite of updates to improve special education outcomes. The new site visit management tool creates unmatched speed and flexibility for state education agencies (SEA) to effectively evaluate local education agencies’ (LEA) special education departments.
“The site visit module is the preferred alternative to traditional paper review methods,” said Andrew Henry, founder and president of Stepwell. “This state-of-the-art upgrade provides unmatched efficiency for both state and local agencies, and most importantly, will ensure student success.”
Notable additions include an education benefit review that allows for full results-driven accountability through an assessment of student progress. The feature verifies that students are receiving the correct programs and services.
Additionally, Stepwell released a student record review tool for site visit team members to efficiently complete online review forms when evaluating federal and state compliance standards. The Stepwell program later generates a summary of findings that can easily be released to LEAs.
The individualized education plan (IEP) review portion of the module guides team members through a focused review form to ensure that students are receiving all of the services that are documented in their IEP.
Additional features of the site visit module include:
• Data validation review: Site visit team members complete an online review form to validate that student records at the LEA match the official data submissions to the SEA.
• Policies, procedures and practices review: Ensures LEA’s procedural compliance and seamlessly generates a summary of noncompliant findings.
• Regional service area governance review: Guides the site visit team through an online review of obligations related to local interagency agreements, regional area policies and procedures, the annual service and budget plan, and ongoing review of programs within the region.
• Administrator, staff and parent interview guidance: Provides step-by-step guidance for interviews with selected parties, and post-interview summary to gather and display results when evaluating LEA practices, policies and procedures.
• Fiscal monitoring review: Simple navigation of fiscal compliance review in conjunction with state and federal laws and regulations.
Red Cedar Solutions Group
Red Cedar Solutions Group is a technology company founded and led by experienced educators. Designed to improve special education outcomes, Red Cedar’s Stepwell solution is a collaborative web-based platform for managing all aspects of Parts B and C compliance of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Stepwell provides visibility for all aspects of special education compliance and monitoring at both the district level and state level. With in-depth analysis and reporting tools, state education leaders are able to see the complete picture of all special education initiatives. For more information, visit stepwell.tech