Summer is an opportunity for students to catch up or supplement their remote learning, or even pursue additional opportunities. These summer online learning programs also fill a gap that sometimes occurs over the summer months, and best of all, can be done at the comfort of home.
15 Online Summer Learning Opportunities
- BoomWriter Haunt - A summer writing club that relies on an interactive story-writing process to create entertaining collaborative stories.
- Brain Chase - A five-week program for grades 2 to 8 featuring a treasure-hunt adventure that includes work in math, reading, writing, and more, through watching animated episodes and solving education-based problems.
- Coding With Kids - A live interactive summer camp program that teaches kids of all ages how to code using Scratch, Minecraft, and Python, among other tools.
- CodeWizardsHQ - Teacher-led instruction over a three-week course focused on coding and related activities.
- Connected Camps - Learn STEM-based skills such as coding, problem-solving, and collaboration through activities such as esports, game design, and Minecraft.
- Connections Learning - A collection of technology-related online courses from Pearson for math, reading, ELA, science, and social studies for grades K-8.
- Edgenuity - A summer learning program for students K-12 that can be tailored for a district’s needs, including course expansion, credit recovery, intervention, and test readiness.
- Fueleducation - Hundreds of classes in dozens of subjects for grades 6-12, including Advanced Placement and CTE electives such as veterinary science, fashion and interior design, game design, sports and entertainment marketing, and culinary arts.
- GoNoodle (Camp GoNoodle) - A fun and free online program that offers learning through play and other movement or mindfulness activities.
- ID Tech - An online STEM-focused program that teaches skills such as coding, game development, and robotics.
- K5 Learning - An interactive reading and math program for grades K-5 that also provides real-time results, feedback, and detailed reports.
- K12 - A robust online summer school program with dozens of core electives (history, science, literature, etc.) for students grades 6-12.
- Outschool - More than 15,000 video classes led by qualified teachers on subjects ranging from core subjects to life skills, health and wellness, music, and international languages.
- Time4Learning - A fun online program for grades PreK-8th in core subjects with a detailed curriculum in each area.
- Treca - An eight-week course for grades 9-12 in a range of online courses such as math, science, and social studies.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.