“If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.” – John Dewey
Goal: Improve a lesson plan or activity to create a meaningful learning experience for your students. This can be a previous lesson you feel students have struggled with in the past or you can adapt a lesson plan you find on a website. Find 1000s of lesson plans and tips for lesson planning here.
Here are a few ideas to make a lesson more engaging:
- Transform the lesson into a learning mission. Find tips and resources here.
- Add a technology component. Find my technology integration tips here.
- Add some humor to the lesson. Find tips and resources here.
- Bring your textbook to life. Find tips and resources here.
- Make the lesson more hands-on.
- Get students moving. Find tips and resources here.
- Change the environment. Take the lesson outside or change the classroom setup.
- Start the lesson in a new way. Find tips and resources here.
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.