Google has always been my favorite one but recently I've found an abundance of search engines useful for educators. Below is my list of top 10 search engines other than Google.
1. Eyeplorer - A unique and excellent search engine designed around a wheel format that lets a user take notes via an online widget.
2. Oamos - A wonderful visual experience that is unlike anything else around.
3. Quintura - A fun "tag cloud" style site that lets users embed word chains into a site.
4. BevyFind - A search engine that speeds up the searching process by combining different elements into one page.
5. Kngine - An excellent "Web 3.0" search engine built on semantics.
6. Spezify - Get visual results with a sticky-type interface that incorporates all sorts of media content.
7. Scoopler - One of the best real-time search engines on the way w/ a built in button to share results across multiple social networks.
8. Webkruz - Get search results in visual thumbnails w/ blurbs of text underneath.
9. Sputtik - A great way to search for results on the web w/ a variety of content covered in different visual ways.
10. Feedmil - A nice way to search where users can adjust their results via a sliding panel that controls the searching criteria.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.