I had the chance to spend some time in a Google Hangout tonight to discuss how educators can grow their Personal Learning Networks (PLN's) using Twitter. It was a privilege to be included in this discussion with an impressive group of educator. The discussion included Nick Provenzano (an high school English Teacher from Michigan), Lisa Dabbs (a former Principal, blogger for Edutopia, and currently an Education Consultant), Lyn Hilt (a former Elementary Principal and current tech. integration coach in PA), and the organizer of the session Tom Murray (Director of Technology and Cyber Education in Bucks County, PA).
The discussion referenced the following questions:
- What’s a personal learning network and why should educators be connected?
- How have you used Twitter to make connections and grow professionally?
- What’s your connected educator story?
- How can educators get started? Where do they even begin?
- How can educators increase the size of their learning network?
- How can Twitter be used for Professional development?
- What other advice do you have for people looking to get started?
cross-posted at www.patrickmlarkin.com
Patrick Larkin is the Assistant Superintendent for Learning of Burlington Public Schools in Burlington, MA and the former principal of Burlington High. He blogs about education at www.patrickmlarkin.com.