Annotating and bookmarking are very useful tools for managing information on the web.
Top 10 sites for Bookmarking & Annotating
1. Diigo - Excellent site for bookmarking and annotating with the ability to create student accounts. Simply the best!
2. Delicious - Probably the most popular bookmarking site on the web with lots of educators to be found.
3. iCyte - Similar to Diigo with the ability to annotate and then share or embed into a site.
4. Rooh.It - A great way to highlight content on the web and then share with others and add comments.
5. Digg - A popular way to bookmark with the ability to share with others, comment, and even generate a widget for a website.
6. Trailmeme - An innovative site with a beautiful user interface for annotating web content and generating a unique user interface/path to follow.
7. Jog the Web - Similar to Trailmeme and very user friendly (nice Web 2.0 jogs to follow).
8. Pinboard - A very simple site to bookmark without all of the clutter that some of the more popular sites have. Works well with mobile devices.
9. School Noodle - A great way for teachers to bookmarks sites and then share these resources w/ other educators.
10. Krunchd - A nice way to take a collection of sites and create one unique URL for all of them.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com.