Welcome to a new series of short posts. These posts will be short, timely, and will come between my weekly longer in-depth posts. Please sign up for 21centuryedtech by email or RSS to follow all engaging posts and follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Share post with others with a retweet . Last, check out how I can provide PD at your school or conference at my booking information page . Until the next post… enjoy! – Michael Gorman (21centuryedtech)
I want to make you aware of a wonderful free professional development opportunity from PBS Learning Media. This is one you just might want to apply for! Are you a digital superstar at your school?Then you may wish to take a moment to apply to the 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Program. This year-long professional development program is designed to foster and grow a community of 100 digitally-savvy educators through access to virtual trainings and exclusive resources, national recognition and membership into a robust professional learning community. All Digital Innovators are required to complete a set of responsibilties. All 100 selected PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators will receive one year of professional development. See Program Benefits for a complete snapshot.
- Attend one-of-a-kind virtual professional development training opportunities and special events
- Learn about innovative instructional strategies, digital technology/media best practices, and tools/resources that can be immediately applied to the classroom
- Collaborate with a prestigious community of like-minded educators, organizations and thought leaders to drive innovation in your community
- Receive national recognition in press and/or digital communications
- You might also be 1 of the 15 top applicants who will also receive an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. to participate in the 2014 PBS LearningMedia Digital Summit.
How to apply? Simply complete the online application. You will need to create a short video and answer two essay questions. Learn more about the application process. Application process closes Feb 14, 2014. This is an opportunity you may wish to consider and learn with other Digital Innovators.
cross-posted at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com
Michael Gorman oversees one-to-one laptop programs and digital professional development for Southwest Allen County Schools near Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is a consultant for Discovery Education, ISTE, My Big Campus, and November Learning and is on the National Faculty for The Buck Institute for Education. His awards include district Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year and Microsoft’s 365 Global Education Hero. Read more at 21centuryedtech.wordpress.com.