- Take one day to high five all the teachers in a meeting or all the students in your classes.
- Build your teacher survival kit. Gather supplies to help support you in case of fire drills, lack of attention, etc. These supplies might include masking tape, flash cards, a small ball, a timer, and scissors. You could win an Aussie Pouch for accomplishing this goal by August 31st!
- Get your students to participate in at least one icebreaker. Find tons of icebreakers here.
- Thank another teacher or mentor. You could also get your students to write thank you notes to their teachers and mentors from the previous year.
- Write yourself a letter to read at the end of the year. List what you would like to achieve by the end of the year. You could also get your students to write themselves letters to revisit at the end of the year!
- Give yourself a pep talk. Write down a few motivational words or sentences to repeat silently to yourself throughout the day or every morning before you meet with your students. You could also get your students to reflect on negative thoughts and replace those with positive self talk.
- Enjoy a zen moment! Dedicate at least 15 minutes to an hour each day to relaxing or enjoying yourself.
- Name your personal theme song and play it several times to motivate you! Get your students to come up with a list of songs that give them confidence.
- Let parents know how excited you are to teach their children in a phone call, text, email, or letter. Some parents never receive positive calls regarding their children. You could be the first positive phone call and see what a difference it makes.
- Create your teacher manifesto! Outline your beliefs about powerful learning in a graphic. Share this manifesto with your students.
New to The 30 Goals Challenge? Each year, teachers worldwide aim to accomplish 1 to 30 goals that transform their teaching. Join the movement by accomplishing any goal from any of the cycles then letting us know through a blog reflection or status update on our Facebook community or on Twitter, @30GoalsEdu . At our official site, 30Goals.com, find all the goals, participant reflections, badges, and get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers: Small Steps to Transform Your Classroom (opens in new tab)workbook. Click here to discover all the 2015 goals!
Current 2015 Goals
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.