How to Evaluate & Compare K-8 Adaptive Math Software Products
Tools to assist districts to meet new requirements
2/17/2017 3:55:00 PM
More rigorous math standards are being implemented to improve student understanding of essential math principles and apply them, how can you be sure your adaptive math software is making the grade? This Buyers Guide offers best practices to help districts evaluate their curriculum quality and review use cases for implementing K-8 adaptive math software.
Six Essential Elements for Comparing Math Curricula
1. FOCUS, COHERENCE, AND RIGOR
2. DEEP LEARNING AND INDEPENDENT PROBLEM-SOLVING
3. ASSESSMENT AND SCAFFOLDING
4. INDIVIDUAL LEARNING PATHS
5. CLASSROOM PARTNERSHIP
6. EFFICACY RESEARCH AND STUDIES
How can you be sure your adaptive math software is making the grade? This Buyers Guide
offers best practices to help districts evaluate their curriculum quality and review use cases for implementing K-8 adaptive math software.
Interactive RFP Tool
New learning standards and the reorganization of math instruction impact the selection and evaluation of new K-8 adaptive math courseware. Developing an RFP for a core subject such as math can be a complex and lengthy process. This interactive RFP tool
makes it easy by:
- Comparing key criteria for an effective adaptive math program that are specific to your district.
- Rating each mathematical concept as not important, nice to have, or very important to prioritize and organize individual concepts at a more practical level.
- Provides a questions checklist concerning technology requirements, implementation, professional development, data needs, assessment, and standards. Districts may select some or all of these questions to include in the final RFP.
- Generates a Word document that includes the information that is unique to your district along with clickable links to additional resources. You can copy and paste these results and resources into your own adaptive math curriculum RFP.
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by
NEW YORK (May 24, 2017) - Microsoft tools are changing the classroom, ...
CHICAGO (May 24, 2017) – Decades of scientific research con...
‘Building a Community of Readers’ will provide valuable re...
Research-based, best practice approach leads to high-impact learning e...
Integrator Prime Systems partnered with TEKVOX to provide a complete b...
Three Madison, CT high school students have a grand-prize winning vide...
LUBBOCK, Texas (May 23, 2017) – CEV Multimedia, a lead...
Amended legislation opens the door for schools to use online therapy s...
Kajeet Announces Latest Results from School Bus Survey
Thousands of K-12 students in North America will enjoy more free eBook...