Farmers Insurance has awarded $100,000 to six educators to help transform their schools and communities
In October, each of the six winners competed for votes from the American public to be crowned winners of the Farmers Insurance Dream Big Teacher Challenge®.
The winning teachers are:
- Mrs. Paula Hase of Wausau East High School in Wausau, Wisconsin; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Mark Larson
- Mrs. Kristen Swaggart of Pendleton High School in Pendleton, Oregon; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Craig Christenson
- Mr. Seth Brady of Naperville Central High School in Naperville, Illinois; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Mary Wlodarsk
- Mrs. Cheryl Burchett of Beaumont Magent Academy in Knoxville, Tennessee; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Shannon McCullock
- Mrs. Melissa Toohey of KIPP Ignite Academy in Los Angeles, California; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Michael Ruiz
- Mr. Rob Webb of Pequea Valley High School in Kinzers, Pennsylvania; Sponsored by Farmers Insurance Agent Trudy Grove
Farmers awards 180 grants valued at $2,500 throughout the year, in addition to the six $100,000 Dream Big Teacher Challenge grants. Farmers will start accepting $100,000 and $2,500 proposals for the 2017 contest in mid-January.