Newington Public Schools (NPS) has partnered with SMART Technologies Inc. to provide a technology bus for seven Newington schools and the surrounding community.
One of the district's buses has been converted into a technology bus and outfitted for “Techspert” students from Newington Public Schools to offer lessons in basic computing applications, coding, robotics, 3D printing, and beyond. The bus will provide workshops, trainings, and tech demonstrations throughout Newington and surrounding communities.
With the SMART Bus as catalyst, the project will provide experiences and access to other technologies including:
- Laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, Tablets
- Training on G Suite for Education
- Google Expeditions
- Exposure to SMART Technologies
- Coding, Programming, and Robotics
- 3D Printing
- Collaboration Stations
- Media Production
- Breakout EDUs and Digital Breakouts