ASCD EDge, the social networking tool for educators, announces the addition of its 25,000th member. The platform is free and open to all—teachers, principals, administrators, researchers, school staff, authors, and any professional who works or has an interest in education.
Users create a profile and connect with friends and colleagues. Other features include:
- The ability for members to post messages on their own page or pages belonging to their friends or groups.
- Real-time news feeds with the latest updates and alerts.
- Unlimited video, audio, and photo sharing with groups to which members belong.
- The option for members to write and publish their own blog posts or comment on others.
- Connecting ASCD EDge community posts to members' Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- An external RSS feed built into a module on members' pages.