The GE Foundation announces an $18 million grant to Student Achievement Partners to provide implementation support for Common Core State Standards across the U.S.
The grant will allow the non-profit Student Achievement Partners to offer national support to teachers and will support several related efforts to help educators achieve the Core Standards:
- Direct collaboration with teachers to produce and share examples and best practices of excellent instruction aligned with the Standards
- A website, www.achievethecore.org to distribute free resources designed to support teacher understanding and implementation
- Standards Immersion Institutes designed to cultivate teacher experts who can build knowledge in their districts and states
- The development of tools to track implementation and evaluate the quality of student work
- Partnerships with a network of non-profits to provide ongoing technical support to district and state leaders guiding implementation.