A survey of education professionals conducted last month by Luidia, Inc. revealed current trends about a number of hot-button issues.
According to the survey’s top two findings, 91% of educators cited budget/cost as a significant challenge and 73% want technology to increase student engagement. To address budget challenges, educators are adopting new purchasing strategies such as:
- Examining the total cost of ownership for technology purchases, including installation, maintenance and training.
- Purchasing technologies that can easily integrate with current tools and systems.
- Buying portable systems that can move across campus.
- Migrating to open solutions that allow schools to remain flexible long term.
- Adopting retrofittable techologies that help schools avoid costly rip-and-replace installments.