Samsung announced today the five grand prize winners in its nationwide Solve for Tomorrow contest, a competition to raise enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education among U.S. public school students. The winners are:
- Lawrence County High School, Moulton, AL
- Desert Wind Middle School, Maricopa, AZ
- Davenport School of the Arts, Davenport, FL
- Jefferson Township Middle School, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Schoharie High School, Schoharie, NY ��
The 12 finalist videos can be seen at www.samsung.com/solvefortomorrow (opens in new tab).
More than 1,500 schools from all 50 states entered the contest that kicked off in August with an essay submission on how STEM can help the environment in their community. Twenty-five were picked to receive a video production kit containing $1,000 of technology – a Samsung laptop, camcorder, and Adobe software – to compete as semi-finalists and in the video phase of the contest.