A consortium of health and physical education organizations have partnered to offer a nationwide Healthy School Makeover Contest to support National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month this September. One K-12 school will win a comprehensive Healthy School Makeover worth $45,000. SPARK™, physical education program provider and a division of School Specialty, will manage the online contest.
To enter the contest, entrants will submit a short video explaining why their school needs a “healthy school makeover” and how they will commit to improving the healthy living of their students. These videos will post on http://bit.ly/HealthySchoolContest and the public will vote to determine which videos become finalists.
The contest grand prize includes:
- SPARK: SPARKCurriculum and Training package, valued at over $10,000
- Sportime: Equipment package aligned with SPARK program, valued at up to $9,000
- Healthy Kids Challenge: “Balance My Day” nutrition curriculum package and training, valued at $2,400
- AAHPERD/NASPE: Customized Lets Move in School training package valued at $4,500
- Skillastics: Two Let's Move in School Skillastics packages and training, valued at over $2,000
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices: HLC Curriculum and Training package, valued at $5,500
- GenMove: Equipment, programming and training package valued at $3,300
- The First Tee: The First Tee National School Program curriculum, training and equipment, valued at over $3,200
- Polar: Polar Active classroom pack, valued at $3,300
- ANNIKA Foundation: Annika Sorenstam to present grand prize to winner
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/HealthySchoolContest.