More than 300,000 teachers serving six million students are using ReadWorks, a research-based, Common Core-aligned free reading comprehension program for grades K-6.
ReadWorks helps K-6 teachers through five pillars:
- A research-based curriculum that provides teachers with specific and measurable learning objectives
- Interactive reading comprehension units and lessons
- Gradual release of responsibility methodology, in which the teacher models comprehension while releasing responsibility to the student through guided practice and independent work
- Lessons that introduce vocabulary words for teachers and language for directly introducing the new vocabulary to students
- Lessons incorporating background knowledge development
In addition to hundreds of lessons featuring fiction texts, ReadWorks provides over 1,000 Lexile-leveled non-fiction passages with research-based question sets for grades K-6. For more information or to sign-up for the ReadWorks curriculum, visit www.ReadWorks.org.
ReadWorks is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that delivers lesson plans directly to teachers online, at no cost to educators or their schools.