Paragon Software Group in partnership with Merriam-Webster, Inc. announces the release of eleven monolingual and bilingual reference classics from Merriam-Webster for Mac OS X. The apps are combined in a single Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries in-app catalog app, allowing the user to find the right dictionary, download it, and test it for free, before making the purchasing decision. The new app comes with a full version of Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary at a special price of only $0.99 USD (the regular price $19.99 USD).
The “Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries” app includes the following additional dictionaries:
• Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
• Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged
• Merriam-Webster's English-French and French-English Dictionary
• Merriam-Webster's English-Spanish and Spanish-English Dictionary
• Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary (* without a sound module)
• Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary
• The Merriam-Webster Dictionary
• The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
• Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate® Thesaurus
• Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of Law
• Merriam-Webster’s Essential Learner’s English Dictionary
Search and translate features include:
• Search through dictionary headwords.
• Full text search to look up usage examples.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling.
• Morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Look-up functionality from other applications
Learning features include:
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• Irregular verbs
• Word forms