Discovery Education will on September 23 kick off One Community, Five Voices: How Successful Digital Transformations Take Shape, a new free week-long webinar series offering perspectives on changing school culture to support digital transformations.
- Transformation: From Vision to Reality -- Monday, Sept. 23 – 1 - 1:30 p.m. EST. In her presentation, Dr. Valerie Truesdale, Chief Learning Services Officer in North Carolina’s Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, will discuss how to communicate a vision for digital learning and create momentum for the cultural shift needed for digital transformation.
- Supporting Educators Through the Transition -- Tuesday, Sept. 24 – 1 - 1:30 p.m. EST. In a live interview with Discovery Education’s Vice President of Learning Communities Lance Rougeux, a Principal in Alabama’s Gadsden School District, Delsia Easley, will share how she motivated teachers to embrace digital teaching as well as provide strategies and tactics for supporting classroom staff as they shift instruction.
- The Model Lesson --Wednesday, Sept. 25 – 1 - 1:30 p.m. EST. Cheryl Lykowski, a teacher in Michigan’s Bedford Public Schools, will present a model lesson created with digital content and delivered with educational technologies.
- How Parents Can Help Students Navigate the Digital Age -- Thursday, Sept. 26 – 8 - 8:30 p.m. EST. Leon Pridgen, the parent of students in North Carolina’s nationally recognized Mooresville Graded School District, will talk about the impact digital learning has had on his children, how he became an advocate for the transition to digital learning, and effective ways parents can work with administrators to support changing the culture in schools.
- Student Work -- Friday, September 27 – 1 - 1:30 p.m. EST. Teacher Krystal Irby, 8th Grade Teacher, McKinley Middle School, NM will share with participants real projects indicative of a school system’s cultural shift to digital learning environments.
For more information and to register for the events, visit http://www.discoveryeducation.com/OneCommunity.