WeAreTeachers has released the results of research on teachers' attitudes about their career and salary.
A striking one-third of teachers surveyed said they would not chose to be a teacher again if they had it to do over again, and another third were "not sure" they would be teachers. Only a third said they would become teachers again.
Other findings on overall job satisfaction include:
- 70 percent say they feel they are very or somewhat unfairly paid
- 25 percent say they work a second job to feel financially secure
- 43 percent report working 60 or more hours each week
- 48 percent report working 50-54 hours each week
- Four out of five teachers surveyed feel their university programs did not prepare them for the realities of living on a teacher¹s salary.