Planning a professional development program is the first task. These eleven steps will get you started.
1. Develop a professional development subcommittee.
2. Demonstrate examples of classroom technology use.
3. Use multiple needs assessment instruments.
4. Design individual learning plans.
5. Identify leaders who can provide expertise.
6. Create a list of on-site learning opportunities
7. Share a list of off-site and online learning opportunities.
8. Build in time for staff planning meetings.
9. Share successes as well as expectations not yet met.
10. Continue to plan and re-evaluate often.
11. Create programs that provide on-going support.
For more professional development and other EdTech tips, visit the Digital Learning Environments site.