LearnLaunchX, Boston’s education technology accelerator, hosted its second annual Demo Day to showcase its cohort of education technology start-up companies graduating from the LearnLaunchX Accelerator Program. Entrepreneurs from seven edtech startups pitched their innovative technology products and business plans developed during LearnLaunchX’s immersive, three-month program to a packed room of more than 200 angel investors, venture capitalists and education leaders.
LearnLaunchX has been ground zero for edtech investment in Boston and New England, helping early-stage education technology companies bring their promising technology solutions successfully to market and spurring innovation in the K-12 and higher education markets. Each of the startups received seed funding, participated in LearnLaunchX’s intensive three-month mentoring and business development accelerator program, and received access to services and office space at LearnLaunch Campus. Mentors included successful technology and education entrepreneurs, investors and educators.
“Education is becoming a very interesting category for investment," said Rob Go of NextView Ventures. “Boston has a great ecosystem for growing edtech startups, and I anticipate that this will be a key software category for the region.”
Start-up companies graduating from the LearnLaunchX Winter 2014 Accelerator Program include:
- Book&Table: (Brooklyn, New York) a marketplace that connects professional tutors with students through personalized, in-person courses.
- Campuscene: (Boulder, CO) the only inbound marketing platform designed for college admissions.
- CueThink: (Reading, MA) a peer-to-peer platform that engages students in math problem solving and fosters 21st century skills.
- Hstry: (Lasne, Belgium) a digital learning tool that enables teachers, students and historians to explore and create interactive historical timelines
- QuadWrangle: (Boston, MA)a software platform for more personal and valuable alumni engagement.
- Skaffl: (Bethlehem, PA) a tablet-first comprehensive workflow solution for schools.
- uConnect: (Boston, MA) creator of custom job search platforms for colleges and universities designed to more effectively engage students in career exploration and help them transition into rewarding careers.
Learn more at LearnLaunchX.