NComputing today announced the latest major release of its firmware for the N-series line of Certified Citrix-Ready HDX Verified thin clients.
New features in the NComputing N-series 2.0 firmware include:
- Integration of Citrix Receiver for Linux 13.0, supporting Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1 and 7.5, as well as VDI-in-a-Box 5.4
- Support for USB webcams for XenDesktop versions 7.1 and 7.5
- Support for H.264 in XenDesktop video which results in greater performance for server-rendered video (this includes HD Flash) and full-screen mode
- Support for StoreFront and NetScaler
- Improved HDX experience for productivity applications, viewing multimedia files, using webcams and in conference calls.
The NComputing N-series 2.0 firmware is now available to qualified customers through a Limited Availability program. General availability is expected in the Fall of 2014.