The total market for learning games is already $3.9 billion, and is expected to grow to $8.9 billion by 2017, according to a research report by Ambient Insight. So Capterra and TalentLMS teamed up on a survey of learning management system users and instructional designers in order to answer common questions about gamification.
Key Takeaways include:
- Gamification and learning games already have widespread adoption, with 83% and 90% use, respectively
- 70% of respondents claimed gamification led to an increase in student scores
- 83% of LMS users reported their students retained course content better using gamification
- The most popular gamification features were points (85%), progress bars (78%), and levels (76%)
- Social gamification features like activity feeds (16%), avatars (24%), and leaderboards (26%) were desired the least by users
For the full results, visit http://www.capterra.com/learning-management-system-software/lms-gamification-research