Today, Future Ready Schools (FRS)—led by the Alliance for Excellent Education (All4Ed)—announced Future Ready Technology Leaders™ (FRS Tech Leaders)—the latest expansion of the FRS initiative—aimed at empowering school and district technology leaders to better connect their practices, policies, and procedures to educational innovation in schools.
Acknowledging the various roles of technology leaders within schools and districts across the country, the FRS Tech Leaders framework provides guidance around the action steps necessary to ensure that all students, especially students of color and students from low-income families, have equitable access to qualified technology leaders, digital researchers, and innovative learning environments.
In collaboration with Amazon Web Services, FRS Tech Leaders focuses on how these leaders can support schools in their transition to digital learning by:
- making anytime, anywhere, anyhow learning a reality;
- supporting an open, flexible, robust digital learning environment;
- ensuring data safety and privacy while promoting best practices in digital citizenship;
- planning for future innovation and technology that supports learning and teachers; and
- creating a transparent environment that communicates to all stakeholders.
During five upcoming FRS institutes in Fall 2018, FRS Tech Leaders will tap an active network of like-minded educators beyond their own school, district, and state to share ideas and examples to overcome barriers to implementation, and for help and advice when challenges arise.
More information on Future Ready Technology Leaders is available at http://futureready.org/program-overview/techleaders/.