Engage: Hero is Called
- Watch video below.
- What are you curious about?
Explore: Hero is Challenged
- Using the below materials, design an experiment to find the optimal Alka-Seltzer water combination.
- Hypothesize a macroscope and microscope explanation for your optimal ratio.
Extend: Hero is Transformed
- Click here and here to learn about the "Hindenburg disaster".
- Generate optimal H2 and O2 needed for a mini "Hindenburg" in a 2L bottle. See video and slides below.
All lessons based on the 5E Learning Cycle/Hero's Journey overlap shown below:
cross posted at www.cyclesoflearning.com
Ramsey Musallam teaches science and robotics at Sonoma Academy in Santa Rosa, California, with the aim of fostering inquiry-based learning environments fueled by student curiosity. He presents widely on sparking student curiosity and teaching with technology. Musallam is a Google Certified Teacher, a YouTube Star Teacher, and a Leading Edge Certified Teacher. Watch his TED talk here and read his blog at www.cyclesoflearning.com.