SCHOOL CIO Open source or proprietary?
When it comes to assessment solutions, it doesn’t have to be an either/or decision.
By Pam Derringer
The Big Picture: A conversation with Jerry Weast
While the superintendent of Montgomery County (Maryland) Public Schools has spent more than 40 years in education, he is not one to rely on the phrase “That’s how we’ve always done it.” Read about how technology is the cornerstone in building this distinguished school district.
Nearly 750,000 interactive whiteboards were sold worldwide in 2009. The variety of options continues to grow, which makes your purchasing decision that much more complicated. Take notes on what these schools have done.
Absolute Manage • Algebra I: A Function Approach Part 2 • Auralia 4 and Musition 4 • AutoRoster • BigUniverse.com • ClassLink Perkins Data Portal • ePath Knowledge • GradeSpeed SIS • Lexia Reading • Literacy Advantage • PeerMark • Surpass Safari 6 • Boxlight ProjectoWrite2/W • Bretford Intelligent Laptop Computer cart • Elmo CO-10 • NB Series Mobile Powered Workstations • Qwizdom Q6 Student Response System • REALiS SX6 Multimedia LCOS Projectors • SMART Response XE • The Torch • and more
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
Putting policy in perspective.
News & Trends
• Next Big Thing: Windows MultiPoint Server 2010
• National Education Technology Plan released in March
• Video game design grant
• Webcam spying case
• New center to develop and promote accessible images
• Secretary Duncan launches new education portal
• Poll says unified communications gaining ground
• Top 10 tools to create digital books
• Five ways innovative educators can use texting to spice up teaching
• Student bloggers
• Back office business