SCHOOL CIO Professional Development: Blended is better
Texas recently launched Project Share, a portal offering teachers online professional development, Web 2.0 connectivity, and enriched classroom resources.
By Pam Derringer
Top Web Tools for Enhancing Collaboration
It’s not news that collaboration is a proven method of effective teaching, and Web 2.0 has enlarged peer collaboration to a global scale. Here are some of the coolest tools you can use to kick-start collaborative projects in any curriculum.
By Özge Karaoglu
Put to the Test: T&L editors take some new products for a test drive.
Serif DrawPlus X4
Casio Green Slim XJ-A130 Digital Multimedia Projector
Ignite! Stick—Made for SMART
The Pedlar Lady of Gushing Cross
The Long Review
This month: Meet the students: In action in the classroom
10 Great Ways to Use Digital Video Cameras in the Classroom
Educators are flipping for Flips and other inexpensive digital cameras. Here is a sampling of ways you can use these tools in any curriculum.
By Ellen Ullman
November 2010 What’s New
Acuity Enhancements • CAM S Series • Clamshell classmate PC design • CPX8 3LCD video projector • EdWeb 2.0 • ExOS 5.5 • Faronics Anti- Virus • Fluency Tutor • Lutron GRAF IK Eye QS Wireless • Mini Solar Kits • Numonics INTELLIBOAR D interactive whiteboard • Peek • PLATO Learning Online Courses • Schoolnet Respond • Thinkspiration • Toon Boom 6 • WriteToLearn 6.0 • Zaner-Bloser Spelling Connections • and more
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
The Next Level
News & Trends
• Next Big Thing: Smiths Detection X-ray screening
• Does more tech = less reading?
• Small change makes a difference
• Which schools are safest?
• Student programming contest
• E-rate changes promote broadband
• 21st-century schools can protect themselves from copyright violation
• Digital storytelling and literacy resources for kids
• Sites we like
• A form of change
• How much do you actually use in school?
How It’s Done: Medical Schooling
Stephen Biscotte has stepped up to the STEM challenge with his PIT Crew: Physicians-In-Training program.
They Said It: Talk About the Message
By Bob Sprankle
Why aren’t parents talking to their kids about TV?
• Creating Video in Classrooms
• Michigan Schools Turn to Blossom Learning To Unleash Full Potential of the Smart Board