“The limits of my language are the limits of my world.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
I’ve worked with language learners in over 20 countries. I’ve seen first hand how technology can be used in incredible ways to motivate and engage language learners of any age. Even with little access to technology teachers can add background music to a story or show students a short clip to spark conversation or inspire ideas for writing. I regularly share free web tools, resources, and tips on ESL Library to help teachers find great resources to use with their learners. Below are a list of the articles I’ve written in 2018. If you enjoy these tips, then check out my Fully Accredited online course (In-Service and Graduate course options), Methodologies and Best Practices for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
- 10 Uplifting Ways Students Can Use Technology
- 7 Incredible Websites & Tools to Enhance English Comprehension & Fluency
- Engage Learners with Bell-Ringer Activities, Warm Ups, and Starters
- A World Cup of Knowledge! 18+ Resources & Activities
- 19 Award-Winning English Language Teaching Innovations
- Amplify Story Time! 9 Tips + Fun Resources & Apps
- Congregate for Change! 9 Advocacy Groups & Events Enhancing ELT
- 25 Engaging Ways to Practice English with Voice Assistants
Challenge: Try one of these resources or tips to engage and support your language learners.
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is a Technology and Computer teacher, education consultant, and author of books including Hacking Digital Learning Strategies: 10 Ways to Launch EdTech Missions in Your Classroom. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.