Here's a list of what I believe are the top ten professional development tips:
- create a coaching and mentoring program
- help your teachers become part of an online learning community.
- know the difference between coaching and training and when to use which one.
- facilitate design of individual learning plans for your teachers.
- create an action plan from priorities developed from the individual learning plans.
- substitute the word "and" for "but" whenever possible.
- offer "breakfast or lunch with you" for a short coaching session on what the teacher needs to learn.
- create websites of resources and projects that support your teachers, the standards, and what students need to know.
- select the right people as mentors: curriculum specialists with some technology expertise and good people skills.
- co-author or facilitate design of rich curriculum resources and just-in-time resources.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray