I know you've heard this before: "Don't use technology for technology's sake alone." We understand this, but teachers need some guidance on what resources are the most appropriate for the lesson. This is where professional developers can help:
- Review student learning objectives and outcomes.
- Develop activities with the teacher that are appropriate for the teacher's proficiency level and that also meet the students' academic needs.
- Scaffold skills that use different resources.
- Realize that integrating means more than using technology for lectures.
- Find books that supplement the lesson and enhance reading comprehension.
- Teach information literacy skills.
- Find or create websites that are age appropriate.
- Use different types of resources for assessment.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Holding Their Hands