When you are trying to get feedback from a large number of people in a short period of time, you might want to try the feedback carousel to help with collaborative planning. It is easier to do this face-to-face, but you can also do this activity online.
- Post chart paper for each group or individual.
- Have each person (or group of people) write important elements of her/his/their plan.
- Encourage them to be creative, use color and metaphors.
- Post another chart paper divided into 4 parts: clarifying questions, probing questions, recommendations, and resources that would be useful to meet the goals of their planning team.
- Ask each participant to write feedback on Post-it® notes and place their feedback in the appropriate quadrant. If possible give each participant a different color Post-it pad.
- Ask the group to reflect on what they compiled and share with larger group.
- Start a planning team using a wiki or My eCoach’s planning tool where one person in the group invites others to collaboratively plan about a specific topic.
- Ask everyone on the team to brainstorm her/his ideas in her/his own space in the wiki, adding thoughts, reflections, and resources.
- Then create four more topics in the wiki: clarifying questions, probing questions, recommendations, and resources.
- Ask each member of the planning team to put ideas, thoughts, reflections and resources with the appropriate topic using a different color text.
Create one more topic in the wiki called reflections on …. Topic and share their reflections on what they compiled.
Next Tip: TBA