Aerohive Networks™ today announced a free, downloadable version of Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway solution. Bonjour®, (or Zero-Configuration Networking,) is used to configure services like AirPrint™, AirPlay®, and file sharing. Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway was released in July as a standard feature in Aerohive APs, but with today’s announcement the Bonjour Gateway is now available as a free VMware virtual appliance. This enables Bonjour services across large enterprise wired and wireless networks even in networks without any other Aerohive equipment.
Each instance of the free Bonjour Gateway is provisioned and managed by HiveManager Online, Aerohive’s cloud-based Network Management System. Every Bonjour Gateway user is provided a free HiveManager Online account to provision and configure their Bonjour services anywhere, anytime with an Internet connection.
Key features include:
- Multi-vendor capability
- Compatible with any wired and wireless network regardless of equipment vendor
- Manage, Filter, and Control – Bonjour services become fully managed, allowing services to be configurable across the entire network while filtering out broadcast traffic.
- Plug and Play
- Flexibility – supports bi-directional service advertisements
- Efficiency – gateway functionality enables granular control
- Secure and scalable – preserves enterprise security policy and data forwarding methodology
For a demo, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vNlqV67uA&feature=g-all-u