Skip to main content
- Adjust the screen brightness. Dimmer screen means longer battery life.
- Turn off WiFi when not in use. A wifi system can be constantly looking for a network, using power.
- Use the power conservation settings of your tablet/laptop. This will adjust a number of settings to increase battery life.
- Save less frequently each save spins the hard drive, using power.
- Defragment your hard drive. A fragmented hard drive requires more drive access, and therefore more power use.
- Add RAM (memory) to your system. With additional RAM, less hard drive access will be needed by your applications.
- Minimize multitasking—for example, close your email program while you work on that spreadsheet. If not, the email program will be periodically checking for email, using more power.