“We listened to teachers’ requests for additional methods to meet the changing needs of their children,” said Susan Gunnewig, product development director. “Multiple ‘Teacher Features’ complete this comprehensive content solution for interactive whiteboards.”
- Search and Navigation – With the advanced keyword search tool, teachers and children easily navigate activities by theme and subject or identify the national core standards fulfilled by each activity. Content is clearly organized to enable more efficient use of the technology.
- Lesson Planning – Teachers can individualize instruction by scheduling activities in advance for groups or individuals.
- Individual Student Portfolios – Each child’s actual work samples including recorded stories, drawings and activities are stored in digital portfolios. Teachers and parents can follow each child’s progress through increasing skill levels, aiding in assessment.
- Make It Your Own – Teachers can customize the system by integrating activities they have created or downloaded from the Internet. All content can be categorized to meet their needs.
- Professional Development – The upgraded solution provides teachers with access to research studies, national standards, training videos and an extensive help section.
TeachSmart 2.0 will be available in August 2011. Read here about research demonstrating the effectiveness of TeachSmart.