I was looking for ides and tips for new teachers for a project I am working on. Check out this article: Teaching Secrets: Take Charge of Your Classroom. Here's a summary of a few of the bullet points:
- What happens on the first day will happen on the last day.
- You are the king or queen of your room.
- Dress the part; act the part; speak the part.
- Do not discuss your private life with your students.
- Realize that you are a public figure.
- Let go of your need to be liked.
Sandra Pottieger found these two good articles for new teachers from the site of www.rethinkingschools.org:
"Best Discipline is Good Curriculum"
Another one Sandra shared that looks pretty interesting:
111 Brass Tacks for Beginning K-12 Teachers by William Watson Purkey and Patrick Edward Davis.
Websites for New Teachers