Teachers need help in managing students with only one or few computers available in their classrooms. Some strategies that you can offer your teachers:
- Create multiple activities with stations. Consider small groups of students rotating through the stations for a limited time doing research: one station with reference books, another with library books, another the computer for Internet research, and another magazines.
- Use the computer as a print station.
- Connect the computer to a projector or large TV monitor for presentations.
- Create a website with directions and links to resources and have students rotate through following the directions. Include a hard copy of the information so students are prepared before they get to the computer.
- Extend the computer with resources such as the AlphaSmarts or Dreamwriter
There are even more ideas at Thatâ€™s Not a Drinking Fountain
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Two Truths and a Lie