Online collaborative projects are great for students. Here are a few tips to give your teachers interested in creating such activities:
- If teachers are new to online projects, they can begin by participating in an existing project first. A great source of ideas is the Global Schoolhouse's Internet Projects Registry
- Look through online resources for project planning, such as the Canadian-based 2learn.ca page called Create a Project.
- Participate in educational listservs or newsgroups that share ideas about projects and alert readers about upcoming ones.
- Design the project so that its successful completion doesn't depend on participation from every classroom.
- Plan a reasonable timeline. (Often brief and more intense is better than long and drawn-out.)
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Image from:My eCoach eLibrary