Pat La Morte, Assistant Principal of Curriculum, Technology and PD at Bishop Moore Catholic High School in Orlando, Florida, recommends asking the following questions when selecting a program that meets Core Standards:
• Is the product flexible enough to differentiate instruction, respond to intervention, and promote student achievement against the Common Core standards while being Web-based for anytime, anywhere accessibility on any device?
• Does the solution offer a staircase of increasingly complex and authentic digital text for improved reading comprehension and the close reading of texts?
• Does the product offer a holistic approach to rigorous, cross-curricular, textbased writing skills development?
• Does the tool engage students with content like video lessons that model appropriate, academic discussion and collaboration?
• Does the solution provide a means for multiple assessments according to the Common Core objectives?