If you spend time planning and designing each session before the course starts, you will have a more successful program.
- Create a syllabus with clear objectives and expectations of participants.
- Provide orientation materials and tutorials for all new members.
- Develop a variety of activities that meet the different learning styles of the participants.
- Create small group activities to build relationships and "get acquainted.â€
- Set up an outline for each day with links to each session.
- Include links to research, literature, and other websites that you want the participants to use.
- Upload handouts and templates you want the participants to use and adapt.
- Create questions and discussions to enhance your program.
- Plan and set up any IM, videoconferencing, or e-Conferencing dates on your agenda.
The more you plan before your course starts will make your program go smoothly and make your life less stressful.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Not Able to Do it All?