The International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) has standards for administrators at http://cnets.iste.org/tssa/framework.html
Professional developers should be aware of what administrators know and be able to do for effective technology integration.
The five critical areas include:
- Leadership and vision where leaders develop a shared vision for technology integration.
- Leadership and teaching where all learning environments integrate appropriate technologies to maximize learning and teaching.
- Productivity and professional practice where technology is applied to enhance their professional practice and increase their productivity.
- Support, management, and operations where direction is provided to integrate technology into administrative systems.
- Assessment and evaluation where technology is used to facilitate an effective assessment and evaluation system.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Supporting Administrators